Renting the Community Room: Information, Guidelines, and Request Form
Please carefully review the following to learn about Community Room Rental. You will find a link to the Request Form at the end of this page.
Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind when submitting your request.
- Before submitting, please see the Community Room Calendar to see if the dates and times you have in mind are already booked. Please note: Some events are "private" and not listed.
- For the best chance of booking the Community Room when you would like, submit your request 4-8 weeks prior to your preference.
- Please allow 14 days for the Community Room Coordinator to review and respond to your Request. Request forms are reviewed in the order they arrive.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee that your event will be booked, but we will make every effort to do so, so long as certain criteria are met.
Important Things to Note:
- Due to a rather full event calendar, It is very unlikely that a standing event will be booked or scheduled (e.g., weekly classes, monthly meetings, etc). You may submit a request, but please be aware that it is unlikely.
- If your event has a fee to attend, please list in your description the instructions, contact information, websites, etc., needed to enable interested participants to register and pay as necessary. People's does not collect class fees for events on behalf of renters.
- If you will be selling a product or service or engaging in solicitation of any kind, we ask that you state it clearly in your request form. If you are selling or soliciting anything that does not fall within People’s Food Co-op Ends, or is in direct competition with items we sell, we will not book your event.
- While we do some marketing for your event, you are the primary promoter of your event. We strongly encourage that you do not rely on our marketing and you do some marketing, advertising and outreach on your own. Our reach is somewhat limited: All events are guarnteed to be posted on our website, and may be included in the following, at the discretion of the CRC: in-store paper calendar, newsletter, MO owner-email, social media.
- Events will be reviewed for scheduling by our Community Room Coordinator (CRC). The CRC may, at her/his discretion, offer to waive room rental fees if the event meets the following criteria:
- It promotes People’s Co-op’s Mission and Vision,
- It is free or low-cost and open to the public,
- It has wide appeal for our patrons and Member-Ownership, and
- It meets a need in our existing schedule of events.
Best Practices for Filling Out The Request Form:
- Be Specific: list the day, date, and time slot of your preferred dates, (e.g., Friday, October 12, 6-9pm).
- Be Detailed: a rich, 4-5 sentence description helps the Community Room Coordinator understand your event, and a good description helps raise interest and participation.
- Be Flexible and Patient: there is often some back-and-forth communication that happens as we work together to find a time and day that works for People’s and for you.
- $10/hr for People’s Co-op Member-Owners
- $20/hr for general public, non-Member-Owners
People’s Community Room is 21’ X 29’, has hardwood floors, high ceilings, and windows on three sides. The room is equipped with four 6-foot folding tables, and two 8-foot folding tables, 40 folding chairs, a dry erase board and projection screen. Currently, there is not an a/v projector for public use. The room is located upstairs from People’s Co-op sales floor and has a lift for wheelchair accessibility. See a photo of the room here.
Community Room Guidelines:
- Once your event is confirmed and scheduled, as a renter of the Community Room, you are solely responsible for your event and its execution, and leaving the room as you found it. You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and tearing down tables, chairs, or any other equipment used.
- Sweeping, mopping, taking out garbage/recycling, as needed.
- Cleaning dry erase board, if used.
- Paying in full for your rental, no later than the day of the event. Click here to read about payment options.