Let's get together and share seeds for the 2017 season!
For the seed swap to go well, please do the following:
- Bring seeds to offer into the swap. It's a seed swap, not a seed giveaway.
- While we'd like to focus primarily on vegetables, medicinals and other "functional" species, seeds for ornamentals are cool too, if that's you're thing.
- Please make sure they're labeled as to species and variety (and also open-pollinated vs. hybrid, if known).
- Please don't bring unknown seeds or seeds that are too old to germinate reliably. You could consider seeds that are more than 6 years old to be too old. If your seeds are between 2-4 years old, we may want to combine them with other seeds for making seedballs.
- Bring containers to take seeds home in (small jars, empty seed packets, empty teabag packets, etc.)
If you do not have seeds to share, no problem. Just make sure to save seeds from the seeds you gather and bring them back for next year's seed exchange!
That's about it! Some masking tape, markers, and other useful tools for labeling seeds will be provided, but feel free to bring your own too.
Feel free to share widely. The more the merrier!
Note: The way the seed exchange will work: ALL seeds will be placed out on tables, by category, and we will observe the honor system. If you have unopened packets of seed that you would like to share part of, please separate out what you want to keep prior to coming. No GMO or fumigated seeds, please!
Volunteers are needed. Please be in touch with Marisha if you would like to lend a hand: firstname.lastname@example.org.