Shopping in bulk for the very first time can be intimidating. This is the reason why Chloé, of green living blog Conscious by Chloé reached out to one of her favorite co-ops to host this workshop.
The class will start with a short presentation by Chloé focused on her near zero-waste lifestyle followed by a Q&A and will continue in the shop as she will assist you in your bulk shopping. The workshops are scheduled at a time when the co-op is usually not bursting with clients so that first time bulk shoppers can take their time getting to know how to use the different tools and fill their containers.
What you'll learn:
- how to tare your containers
- how to indicate the tare & product code on your containers
- what kind of products are available at the co-op
- how to guarantee a stress-free checkout
What to bring:
- a tote bag
- mason jars (for dry goods or even shampoo & body lotions)
- glass bottles (for oils, kombucha)
- bulk bags (for dry goods, vegetables)
- a Sharpie or crayon to write the tare on your containers
- your shopping list
- your wallet/cash/card
Most of these items can also be purchased at the co-op.
Space for these workshops is very limited in order to guarantee that each one of the attendants will be taken care of individually.
Sign up now and don't worry if the workshop is full, there will be more very soon!