Let’s get together and share seeds for the 2019 season!
For the seed exchange to go smoothly, please do the following:
* Please bring seeds to share.
* Please clearly label your seeds with the species name, variety, year harvested, and location.
* If your seeds had potential for cross pollinating with other varieties, please indicae that you have isolated your variety. If you are not familiar with this, please ask someone for help when you arrive at the event.
* Indicate if your seeds are open-pollinated or hybrids.
* Please do not bring unknown seeds, invasive plants, or seeds that are too old to germinate reliably. We consider seeds that are more than 6 years old, too old. If your seeds are between 2-4 years old, we may want to combine them with other seeds for making seedballs.
* Bring containers to take seeds home in (small jars, empty packets, etc)
* Some masking tape, markets, and other useful tools for labelling seed will be provided, but feel free to bring your own too.
Here’s the way the Seed Exchange will work.
All seeds will be placed out on tables, by category, and we observe the honor system. If you have unopened packets of seed that you would like to share a portion of, please separate out what you want to keep prior to coming.
No GMO or fumigated seeds please….
Volunteers are needed. Please contact Marisha at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.