Sign up and you could receive a free Thanksgiving Basket
Update: Since this article was posted, the sign up has closed.
For those in our community experiencing need this holiday season, People’s and some of our valued vendors have partnered to provide 80 free, vegetarian Thanksgiving Day food baskets.
If you are experiencing need please feel free to sign up for a basket. We only have 80 baskets to give away - after the 80 are spoken for, we’ll start a Wait List. Application closes Thursday morning, November 19. On this date, you will be notified which list you are on.
Food Baskets are designed to feed 2-3 people and will include: potatoes, yams, squash, greens, apples, garlic, bullion cubes, Tofurky Vegetarian Feast, gravy, graham cracker pie crust, pumpkin mix, cranberry jelly, Dave's Killer Bread, and Three Sisters Nixtamal Tortillas. Substitutions cannot be made, however if you would prefer not to have an item you will have the option to leave it with the co-op when you pick up your baskets.
How do I sign up?
- Click here to fill out the form (as of 11/19/15 the form has closed)
- By phone, 503.674.2642. Please call during our business hours, 8am-10pm.
- In store, ask a cashier for a paper form to fill out.
When will I be notified if I am on the Confirmed Basket or Wait List?
You will be notified no later than Thursday, November 19.
When do I pick up my basket and what do I need to do to pick it up?
Pick-up for baskets will be on Wednesday, November 25, 2-7pm.
- Come to the store and go upstairs to the Community Room.
- Speak to one of volunteers and give the name of the person who signed up for the basket.
- The volunteer will give you a basket.
Many thanks to Tofurky, Dave's Killer Bread, New Cascadia and Three Sisters Nixtamal for supporting this Thanksgiving event.