Chickpea, Tomato, Cucumber Salad with Tahini Lemon Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp miso paste*
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 large tomato, chopped)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup sheep’s milk feta (or any other kind of feta)
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
Combine all of the sauce ingredients into small bowl and whisk until uniform.
Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley and feta into a large bowl. Pour dressing on top and mix until evenly coated. Top with additional feta and parsley and finish with fresh ground black pepper.
*If omitting miso paste, make sure to add salt, to taste.