Makes about 5 cups
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups raw buckwheat groats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raisins, currants, or other dried fruit
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add the oats, buckwheat, pumpkin seeds, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Mix to combine.
In a medium bowl, combine the molasses, maple syrup or honey, coconut oil, tahini, vanilla, and ginger. Whisk until it all comes together into a uniform liquid.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to until everything is mixed well together and evenly distributed. Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Granola is done when buckwheat and pumpkin seeds are slightly toasted brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, break the granola up into clusters and store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Natalie Bickford.