- 2 cups dark sweet cherries (pits removed)
- 2 Tablespoons blackberry vinegar (red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 Tablespoon minced dried onion (1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 Tablespoon black strap molasses
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger extract (or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (can be omitted)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
Blend ingredients together in a high speed blender. Add more vinegar, molasses, or mustard to taste. You can enjoy this BBQ Sauce raw, or simmer it down on the stove top.
Coat fruit or veggie kabobs with this BBQ sauce and warm then toss them on the grill for a few minutes.