These bowls are very adaptable, feel free to use any grain and any combination of seasonal veggies.
For the Cheez Sauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ tsp cumin (optional)
For the bowl
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup grated carrot (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale, steamed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
For the cheez sauce, add all ingredients into a small pot. Turn the heat to low and whisk the ingredients together until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
Divide the quinoa into two bowls. Assemble the remaining ingredients on top of the quinoa and finished with a generous amount of cheez sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Natalie Bickford.