People's Farmers' Market
YEAR-ROUND, every Wednesday 2-7pm
May 20, 2015
Spring has sprung! April showers brough May flowers...and loads of delicious spring veggies!
- We are sad to announce that May will be Home Grown Food Products' last month at the Farmers' Market. Stop by for their tasty ferments while you can!
- Obon PDX is branching out into beverages! Starting this week, they'll be selling tall glasses of refreshing housemade Gingerade and Shiso-Lemonade over ice. Yum!
- Milkweed will be back to the market this week, selling small-batch sprouted nut-milks and handmade, raw granola. Give some a try!
Music at the Market Todd Samusson will be here playing "free-range alt. folk music from 2-4, and from 5-7 we'll be hearing from 3 for Silver, an acoustic violin, bass, and voice trio. Interested in playing at the market? Please email email@example.com or booking information.
Board of Directors "Coffee Talk" Want to meet your Board directors, know more about co-op governance, learn what the Board is up to, or share big-picture ideas? Stop by the Info Booth from 4-6 to chat with Board Director Heidi Olejnik.
We Love You OGC and Farmers' Market Fund! Thanks so much to Organically Grown Company for their generous donation, and to FMF for generously donating their 2014 Give!Guide earnings to our SNAP Matching program!
SEED SWAP! Come by the info booth to drop off your unused seeds or pick some up. No seeds to donate? No problem! We've got plenty, so come get some and get that garden started!
Debit/Credit and EBT at the Market Use your debit, credit or EBTcard at the market! No more waiting in line in the co-op for cash! Want to use your card, have questions or just curious? Head to the info booth and we’ll tell you all about it.
SNAP Matching Tokens, where are you?!
Do you have a stash of SNAP Tokens leftover from last week, last month, or last summer? They never expire, and now is a great time to bring them back to the market and support all the rad, local food producers who come here every week. Questions about our SNAP Matching program? Stop by the info booth or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
who's here this week
* indicates Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth or WSDA
Prepared Foods and Other Services:
what's fresh this week
- braising greens
- collard greens
- dandelion greens
- fava beans
- fresh flowers
- fresh herbs
- green garlic
- goat cheese
- hazelnuts & hazelnut butter
- medicinal herbs & tinctures
- mushrooms: morels, oysters, & more!
- mustard greens
- salad greens
- snap peas
- spring onions