People's Farmers' Market
YEAR-ROUND, every Wednesday 2-7pm
This week we are looking forward to less dramatic weather. We are all for extremes, but sometimes we like gentleness. And mushrooms. We like them too.
- MC Farms will be off again this week. They'll be here with their beautiful bouquets the day before Thanksgiving.
- If you were disappointed not to see Ammie's Goodies and Naked Acres last week, rejoice! They'll be back this week. Kilikina's Chocolat and Rising Stone will be back next week.
- New vendors are coming! Starting this week, we'll have veggies and canned goods from Full Cellar Farm, and homestyle vegan Japanese food from Obon PDX. Come check them out!
- Pie to the People is taking orders for full sized holiday pies. Ed will also be selling premade pie crusts, if you'd rather bake your own.
- Kilikina's Chocolat has expanded their offerings to include fudge and drinking chocolate. Get it while you can, because they're taking the winter off.
Knife Sharpening -- Thanksgiving Eve! Gabriel, a real live swordsmith from Dragonfly Forge will be here from 2-7 to get your knives and cutlery ready for your Thanksgiving feast. Stop by the info booth this week for a list of services & prices.
Holiday Hours - The Farmers' Market will be open regular hours on Thanksgiving Eve, and closed on Christmas Eve. Stay tuned for info about New Year's Eve.
Music at the Market Interested in playing at the market? Email email@example.com for booking information.
CHILLi Cook-Off -- THIS WEEK! Join the Farmers' Market & People's Board of Directors between 3-7 this week for a vegetarian chili cook-off. Taste up to 8 chilis (with fixin's!) and vote for your favorite. The top 3 chili cooks will receive $150, $75, or $50 People's gift cards, and you will get to chat with Board members over a tasty snack. Please contact Josh Monifi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Debit/Credit and EBT at the Market Use your debit, credit or EBTcard at the market! No more waiting in line in the co-op for cash! Want to use your card, have questions or just curious? Head to the info booth and we’ll tell you all about it.
SNAP Matching Program continues...with your help!
Since August 2013, People's has been providing EBT customers with up to $5 in matching tokens every week for use at the Farmers' Market. Funding is confirmed for 2014, but in order to help us keep this program going we are asking for your help. If you'd like to know more about the program or how you can make a donation, stop by the info booth.
who's here this week
* indicates Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth or WSDA
Prepared Foods and Other Services
what's fresh this week