Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh avocado, packed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (or a few drops of stevia to taste)
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon rum (for softer sorbet if you plan to freeze it for very long, like overnight or a couple days. Do not add rum if making to serve right away)
Mash avocado and lime juice in a bowl until creamy.
Blend frozen raspberries in a food processor until they break down into icy raspberry bits. Add creamy avocado mash, vanilla, and sweetener, to the raspberries in the food processor, and blend into a creamy sorbet. Be careful not to over blend for too long, as you want this to stay cold and creamy.
Serve right away or put into a Tupperware container to firm up and enjoy later.
Garnish with fresh raspberries, edible flowers, and mint leaves, if you would like.
Recipe and photo from Pure and Simple Recipes.